If there is one thing that can really change the whole perspective of a pillow, then it is the filling used in it. The best kind of pillow can really make you comfortable no matter where you are. Hence, when it comes to buying pillows, there are plenty of options out there.
But one factor that should be really looked out for is the filling and what it is made up off. Nowadays, the most comfortable kinds of fillings include polyester, memory foam and latex foam. Although all such different kinds have their own charm, recently latex foam pillow has been topping the charts.
Because it is the best and most comfortable material out there.
Before diving down deep into the reviews, here is a quick comparison chart of the best latex foam pillows of 2018 available on Amazon:
Best Rated Latex Pillows Reviews (2019 Picks)
1. Malouf Z 100 % Talalay Natural Latex Foam Pillow
This is not your ordinary latex foam pillow. It comes with a higher price tag but it’s totally justified against the level of comfort it offers. You can choose from two different options i.e. firm density and plush density. If you are a back and side sleeper, you should opt for firm density. If you mostly sleep on your stomach and back, plush density pillow will give you the comfort you’re looking for. It’s luxurious cover is ultra soft which is made from a rayon from bamboo blend.
- Two density options; firm and plush
- Maintains ideal temperature all night long
- Breathable pillow
- Luxuriously soft cover made from 75% polyester, 25% ryan from bamboo
- Perfect loft saves you from neck pain
- Ideal for back, side and stomach sleepers
There are no synthetic additives used in the manufacture of Malouf latex pillow and it’s 100% pure Talalay natural latex. The material is naturally mildew proof and dust mite resistant. If you sleep hot and experience night sweats, this is the best latex pillow that promotes airflow and maintains the ideal temperature you need for a well-rested night.
2. Natural, Antimicrobial Latex Foam Support Pillow
With fully natural resources used, this cushion is highly Eco-friendly and anti-microbial. Introduced by Hollander, this product range in manufactured in USA, with genuine latex obtained from rubber trees, to ensure that people get the maximum comfort and support while sleeping. The cushion comes with a 100% cotton cover that is highly easy to remove and wash.
- White in color, with dimensions of 24 * 16 * 5 inches
- Exceptional support especially to the head and neck region, along with guaranteed softness and comfort
- Best for back and side sleepers
- durable and remains fluffy, due to its breathable cell structure composition
- Comes in Three Sizes; King, Queen and Standard (Standard being the absolute favorite)
- Hypo-allergenic antimicrobial properties, which makes it odorless and perfect for people with allergies
This is the best latex pillow you can get at an affordable price.
3. Caress Plush Latex Pillow
What makes this pillow so special is its composition; Talalay latex with pure cotton blend. Latex gives it all the unique characteristic while cotton provides the sleeper with just that extra comfort level. Not only this, but Classic Brand, with their plush latex pillow made sure that the person who sleeps on it gets the maximum support and absolute ventilation of air as well. The open cell technology makes the cushion “breathable” and keeps the dust away from locking in.
- Available in King and Queen Size (King Size Recommended)
- Talalay, being the best kind of latex, ensures that the cushion contours itself according to the stress and comes back to its original position
- Comes with a removable, washable cover
- Dimensions of 33.o x 16.0 x 4.5 inches
- Ideal for back and side sleepers, although would suit every kind of sleeper
- Classic Brand’s provide 3 year warranty with this latex pillow
- Open cell technology allows air to pass through it, maintaining a cool temperature
- Supports anti-allergic properties
4. Hypnotist Talalay Latex Pillow
This super soft pillow is composed out of natural latex, that comes all the way from Thailand’s rubber trees, and in all honesty, it is worth it. Initially you will be surprised to see the holes in its appearance, but once you put your hand on it, it will feel soft, comfy and super cool. Roughly, the pillow is about 6 inches tall (5.9 inches to be precise), but it won’t feel like so. With the super ventilation and hypoallergenic nature, this pillow is a must have for back sleepers.
- Gentle yet firm support due to the Latex properties
- Super ventilation, due to the large pores, that allow air to pass which keep it cool and dust free
- Dimensions of 24.4 * 15.7 * 5.9 inches
- Dense yet flexible and will ensure a good night sleep by locking your head and neck regions
- Despite the pressure exerted, will always come back to it’s original position
- Highly Durable and comfortable
- Comes in Rectangular and contoured structure ( Rectangular being the best)
5. Premium Natural Talalay Latex Foam Pillow
As compared to the usual talalay latex pillows, this one is a bit leaner and lighter which serves as an advantage. A favorite of the general population, Deluxe Home uses the best kind of latex foam when it comes to the production of these cushions. With finesse finishing and state of the art techniques used for its production, this talalay latex pillow will certainly give you the good night’s sleep you have been looking for.
- Hand crafted by Deluxe Home Manufacturers, USA
- lean Dimensions of 16.3 x 7.3 inches, with 5 inches of pure latex foam thickness
- Expect comfortable, fluffy and flexibility
- Comes with a 100% cotton cover
- It will always come back to its original position easily, no matter how hard you try to mold it
- With the Coolvent hole system, the temperature is maintained to be cool so that one can have a nice deep slumber
- Highly Eco-friendly while supporting ventilation and a definite recommendation for those who prefer a cushion that lasts long
What is a Latex Foam Pillow?
A typical Latex Foam pillow is composed from latex , which is specially harvested in tropical regions and taken from rubber trees. Using modern technology, the latex is given a foam shape. Their latex composition gives it those special features that have denoted to much of its fame now. In terms of comfort, these pillows are known to provide one with the best kind of support and a absolutely amazing level of comfort.
Moreover, you can also check if a pillow is latex foam or any other as a latex foam pillow, upon any sort of impact, will mold itself and as soon as the pressure is released will come back to its original shape. Talk about the elasticity factor here. Traditionally, there are three kinds of latex pillows circulating in the market:
- All Natural Latex
- This comes from original sap of rubber trees
- Synthetic Latex
- It involves a certain percentage of petrochemicals in its composition.
- Blended Latex
- Consists of both natural and synthetic latex
Latex Pillow Benefits
Latex foam pillow will always amaze you. Be it the all natural or the blended latex, their are some characteristic properties of this foam pillows such as:
Amazing Comfort level
Once you go a latex pillow, then there is no going back. In all honesty, the comfort level that a latex foam pillow will provide you with, will absolutely blow your mind. You can sit on the hardest rock with this at your back, and it will adjust you just perfectly. Similarly, when it comes to using it for sleep, you will be astonished at just how amazingly it will mold itself around your neck or side, all while giving you ultimate support. It’s like sleeping on a cloud.!
Since it is composed of latex, whatever kind used, the appearance and the feel of the cushion is soft yet firm. This is because of its dense composition, which also gives it the quality of being firm and supportive. As said earlier, once the stress is released from the pillow, it is bound to come back to its original shape.
If there is anything that makes latex foam pillow such a winner then it has to be the durability factor. 10 years down the road and you will see yourself using the same pillow and will get the same comfort.
Toxic-free and anti-microbial properties
One of the major hub for all allergies lay in our pillows. During the production of a normal pillow, several chemicals and toxins are used and this gives rise of allergies. Although all sort of production involves some quantity of chemicals to be used, but in case of latex, the main ingredient is obtained from nature itself. This makes it highly sterile and sustainable, giving it the anti-microbial edge. So in case you are allergic to your pillow, try switching to a all-natural latex foam pillow, for it will turn out to be a good, life-long and healthy investment.
Everything aside, latex foam pillows are just too easy to clean, maintain and use. Firstly, latex products don’t really require much of cleaning, but in case of cleaning, simple soap and water will do the work for you. Plus, changing the casing every now and then will also help you. Over all, it is highly durable and involves mess-free maintenance.
One important thing that must be kept in mind is that, most latex foam pillows will carry a latex odor with it. Don’t be alarmed as it indicates that the pillow is fresh and has not been in use. Just keep that particular cushion out for sometime and let some air pass through it. The odor will go away in no time, after all if there is one thing that makes latex foam pillows so special, then it has to be it’s anti-microbial and hypoallergenic properties.
And not only this, always be very choosy when it comes to buying a pillow of your choice. Latex foam pillows are such a favorite because they just don’t flatten out! Whatever you do, they are highly durable and comfortable as well. As compared to other pillows, they tend to give up or flatten out upon frequent use. It is a lot bouncier and unlike a standard or memory foam pillow, which can be quite dense and makes you feel like your head is buried in it, this is lightweight and springy.
In short, a latex foam pillow means fluffy, soft, substantial and allergen resistant.